Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Amazon Prime - ones to watch!

Da telly
mmercedes84

Re: Amazon Prime - ones to watch!

Post by mmercedes84 »

Del.Monte wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:22 pm "The Rig" (2023)

Just watched the first two episodes of this last night - excellent stuff.

Ah Jesus this is woeful- its gotten terrible reviews.
Turned it off after 2 episodes. Braindead stuff
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

It was weak towards the end but it is what it is - a SciFi/Horror thriller - and it hasn't been all bad reviews: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_rig/s01
The cast is good and hopefully there will be a second series but with Amazon one never knows.
'no more blah blah blah'
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

As my laptop ('s hard drive?) is showing signs of imminent demise, I finally agreed to Amazon's offer of 30-day's free Prime to get the necessary remedy before I head off to Picardie for a couple of weeks. And also because I have to spend two weeks in Picardie. :x

A quick scan of the catalogue suggests that I just might manage to get a fortnight's viewing out of it. It looks like they've hardly added anything - other than yet more "seasons" of stories that have long since descended into farce - since I last cancelled it.

But I've set the ball rolling tonight with a re-watch of Jack Ryan, from the beginning.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Still can't beat a good DVD instead of the endless trawl of Amazon, Netflix etc. to find something watchable. I've too many DVDs and endless trawling of them produces the same frustration. Tonight I don't know what I'm the mood for humour, war or all the Bourne movies - again.
'no more blah blah blah'
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Yeah, there's nothing to compare with a good library of DVDs. They also work great, even when the internet's unavailable for whatever reason. :)
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Del.Monte wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:49 pm Still can't beat a good DVD instead of the endless trawl of Amazon, Netflix etc. to find something watchable. I've too many DVDs and endless trawling of them produces the same frustration. Tonight I don't know what I'm the mood for humour, war or all the Bourne movies - again.
There's plenty of DVDs in this house but I'm pretty sure there's no way of playing a DVD. None of our PCs or laptops have a drive, we use an Android box at the TV and I'm pretty sure the TV doesn't have a scart connector. Besides fuzzy vision would look horrific on a 65 inch screen. Nah, I'll pass, I'll watch something on YouTube
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

You know, I'd say it's well before Christmas the last time I think I watched something on Prime. I'm probably going to cancel.

Post by 678904673 »

Second season of Carnival Row. Not exactly award winning fantasy but not the worst way to pass an hour