Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Annoyances & Irritations

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Re: Annoyances & Irritations

Post by CelticRambler »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:41 pm But. Do you ever wonder if it's you? I mean I can't help but think that maybe the problem is me because I am trying to fit in with a group that's just different to me.
The question that really needs to be answered is: why even try to fit in with a group that's just different?
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

isha wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:52 pm I should not have eaten the third scone 🤢 now I can't sleep because my belly aches.
The important question is, did you butter it enough? :lol:
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

isha wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:52 pm I should not have eaten the third scone 🤢 now I can't sleep because my belly aches.
It's crying out out for a fourth, to make things even. :mrgreen:
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:41 pm But. Do you ever wonder if it's you? I mean I can't help but think that maybe the problem is me because I am trying to fit in with a group that's just different to me.
In dark moments yeah sometimes but Bertie is right - I’d rather be myself and alone than change to fit in.

I did that enough when younger, I’m too old now. Luckily enough I have a small number of good friends who know and love/tolerate my insane side!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane

Post by 678904673 »

Had a Chinese last night for the first time in ages and spent last night with a similar complaint. Now I remember why I don't eat Chinese
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I filled the bird feeders Friday and they are empty now. Would they feckin' stop eating!
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:30 am I filled the bird feeders Friday and they are empty now. Would they feckin' stop eating!
The birds with have visiting to eat what we put out look like belligerent, fat-necked bouncers when they come up to the window sill with their "Oi! Where's the grub!" if we don't keep up with their appetites.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
KHD

Post by KHD »

I used to have peanut feeders but got rid of them and only throw out pinhead porridge for them now. I had 8 yellowhammers there during the week.

One of the reasons I stopped using feeders was when that disease affecting Greenfinches was highlighted as there used to be alot of them on the feeders. I thought in my own head that it would save my local Greenfinches but unfortunately didn't make any difference as haven't seen or heard a Greenfinch in the last year.

Their call was an essential part of my spring time experience outside hopefully there are pockets of them still about.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I'm afraid my knowledge of birds and the types of birds start and end with most of them fly. I can't identify one from the other.....

Edit, I know robins, crows and seagulls. That's it!
KHD

Post by KHD »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:16 pm I'm afraid my knowledge of birds and the types of birds start and end with most of them fly. I can't identify one from the other.....

I remember my mother got a book on birds for me when I was a young fella as she probably noticed me gawking at anything that flew or had feathers on it and thought this will keep this little fecker out of mischief! I used to look up anything I saw just to get the name. Still have the book on the kitchen window sill just in case but I don't think I've had to open it in years.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

The great Feynmann. This story always stuck with me.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

That's a 1.03 minutes of my life that I want back,,,,,does anything happen before 1.39?
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Just goes to show how we all like different things - I fell in love with him watching it
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:29 pm That's a 1.03 minutes of my life that I want back,,,,,does anything happen before 1.39?
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

You are all correct regarding my last post. But. Well it's not about changing oneself to fit in, rather why does my 'get along jumper' be missing.
Anyways that was last night.

Tonight I am having a beer, paint for bathroom both and all is well in the world again. Apart from the dishwasher door which is broke. That's a problem for tomorrow. :arrow:
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Hairy-Joe wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:16 pm I'm afraid my knowledge of birds and the types of birds start and end with most of them fly. I can't identify one from the other.....

Same. My mam loved birds. Now and then she would find baby birds that had fallen from their nests and attempt to nurse them back to life. I remember one had a broken wing and we kept him. I think. My memory of that is a bit hazy. She would also say that anytime a robin would appear that it was her own mam or dad saying hello.

A few years back I bought a book called H is for Hawk. Its about a young girl who loved and so then trained hawks. I couldn't finish it. It was one of those books that is described as beautiful but I found incredibly dull.
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

saw an episode of Law & Order: SVU last (Tuesday) night on Sky Witness

"Fast Times @thewheelhouse" (S23, ep 5)

about 2 influencers living in a house for influencers. one potential (female) tiktok star got an invite to the house, and it were a "Ticket to the Big Show" for her, so to speak, if things went well with her "collab" with the two resident "superstars"

anyhow, she got sexually assaulted by two (think they were brothers) young chaps what were mahoosive on ye tiktok platform. a usual episode of that particular show on the face of it,,,

,,,,, except the [first] names of the antagonists were "Tate" and Liam.. hhmm, makes ya wonder

seemed a lot like Andrew & Tristan (Tate Brothers) they were on about from what I (likely most other folks too) could gather,,

anyhow, the two characters got seven years' stir for their misdeeds

word "prejudicial" springs to mind

altho, from what i can gather, that episode is a year/+year old (debuted ~Oct '21 I think), so a long while before their arrest, and well before I'd ever heard of the Tates, so don't know what to make of that :?
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
Enoch Von Clausewitz

something seriously wrong with this site :D :P

*ya can say "water is wet" , without incurring a ban

hope it stays that way Mr G 8-) :)

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

The case on the phone finally broke up. It's been hanging on by a thread for a while. The annoying thing is that it's only a few years old.

The phone is a Pixel 4a with a dodgy charge port. It's probably not worth buying a decent case for it
Enoch Von Clausewitz

^^^
same as me own dog and bone case - tis in tatters this long while :D phone is no great shakes either :mrgreen:

remember getting me phone case [seems like several yrs ago now, mebbe four or five :o ] ,, went to Chinese Phone/Second Hand type shop looking for case for me phone, and the lad there looked at me somewhat askance :lol:

got the right case anyhow, but i left the shop thinking maybe shop must've been a "front" for something or other, given yer man's surprise at someone coming in wanting to actually make a purchase :?

major annoyance re phone tho is: it's fallen many times and split open, with parts (mainly them awkward lil rectangular switches what are on edges, for volume/turning on/off etc) going here and there, but fekkit, the bastid battery still remained intact inside its' housing,, them mobile phone co's sure do like to keep track of folk - da choonts!

Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

It's a fúcking non booze day :roll: I can drink too much at times so I have two booze free days a week. I know it's only two but baby steps. Thursdays and Tuesdays.

Post by 678904673 »

The couple 4/5 doors down from us recently got a dog. The guy works in construction and is gone from 7am Monday to Friday and his Wife works in the office 4 days a week, so the dog is left out the back from about 8am until 5pm and spends most of the time barking its head off. Even with the windows closed and radio on I can still hear it. God help the people either side of them. Why get a dog when they clearly haven't got time for it
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Bloody birds! There was three fat balls in the feeder this morning. There is only half one left now. There has been a constant queue of birds there all day ...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I’ve annoyed a really good friend so much I don’t think they are taking to me but at the same time they said something mean to me so I don’t know if I should say sorry or not :(
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:32 pm It's a fúcking non booze day :roll: I can drink too much at times so I have two booze free days a week. I know it's only two but baby steps. Thursdays and Tuesdays.
I speak as a Dry January survivor with two hangovers this month - hang in there you shiny star you!!!