Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

IMMIGRATION OUT OF CONTROL

The burning issues of the day
isha
Verified Username

Re: IMMIGRATION OUT OF CONTROL

Post by isha »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:57 am Listening to RTE this morning, the situation is completely out of control and going to get a great deal worse. The thread title is in bold - I wish that I could change it now - I must have been particularly annoyed when I started it or half asleep.

I am not right wing - whatever that actually means - I believe in a country having sane border controls and immigration policies. Ireland doesn't. I don't like the country being full of entitled people whatever their origin or ethnicity; I don't like our towns and cities being full of rough sleepers; people begging and worse; I don't like criminals being let in here willy-nilly; I don't like the fact that it's becoming impossible for our own people to buy a home; I don't like the glut of foreigners coming in allowing employers to keep workers on menial wages; I don't like to see the situation creating a fertile ground for scum like the National Party to attract support etc.etc.... Called me old fashioned or call me far right - I'm past caring as this place is going rapidly down the drain.
I wasn't calling you far right.
I was saying a different interpretation of the words that would be possible. But agreeing with the intended interpretation.

What place is going rapidly down the drain?
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:06 am I wasn't calling you far right.
I was saying a different interpretation of the words that would be possible. But agreeing with the intended interpretation.

What place is going rapidly down the drain?
Ireland. Those of who work our holes off are sick of seeing the taxes we bust our arses for going to those who have never, and will never contribute.

In a queue for a prescription in Boots yesterday - waiting to pay 90 quid for essential meds.

Not one person in the queue was Irish - all newly arrived, no English spoken amongst any of them, three with kids so we're stuck with them - despite that excellent referendum earlier this century.

None paying more than 20 quid and coming away with massive bags of their prescriptions. All getting a medical card on arrival.

We were promised doctors and engineers who will pay our pensions - we're getting increased cases of HIV and spongers getting supports our own do not get.

I pass a building daily being contructed in Dublin - 100 beds for a drug recovery centry, Tenner says that utter wankstain O'Gormless has dibs when finished for more of these scroungers ???

If you came from a safe country - go back there.
If you came "for a better life" - go back and apply legally
If you are not here to better us - get lost.
If you commit one crime - out you go.
If you think somehow we "owe" you for something something slavery - get to feck, we were colonised ourselves.

If you came with skills and are prepared to work hard - cead mille fecking failte!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

Ireland as a place is going down the drain, filling up with gimmigrants. Rape and sexual assault cases on the rise, didn’t think these doctors and engineers would be like this.
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:57 am Called me old fashioned or call me far right -
There is a simple test for that.
FoC5UmuaIAAJoQT.jpeg
FoC5UmuaIAAJoQT.jpeg (34.68 KiB) Viewed 1662 times
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:55 am Ireland as a place is going down the drain, filling up with gimmigrants. Rape and sexual assault cases on the rise, didn’t think these doctors and engineers would be like this.
Wait till that craven moron Judge Nolan accept his first "sexual emergency" excuse for rape as happened already in Germany (I stand to be corrected on the country).

The idiots who support the open borders guff will fall over themselves to trot out Larry Murphy as an example of "our own".

Yea, we have rapist scum here - why bring in more ?

I've spent the last week or so dealing with students, around 70% of who are middle eastern of origin. They treat me like dirt for being a woman, taking no instruction, ignoring warnings and always asking "who else can we talk to about this ?" when given bad news. No one bucko - I'm in charge, boobs and all - deal with it.

Some cultures are vile and backwards and do not belong here.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Jack The Stripper

Be careful planespeeking as we will be worse than Sweden in another few months.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

There's a lot of resentment building up in people and especially in smaller towns that are being used to house refugees.

The problem has a couple of roots. First, there's a lot of economic migrants in the system. I've heard people from South Africa giving out about the refugee accommodation. How can you be a refugee from a democratic country? No, you're an economic migrants, get a feckin' visa properly.

Second is there's a lot "loosing" their documents and becoming whoever they want. We have no idea who they are.

Third is the time to process. At the moment, it's years! More than enough to pop out a child (who is then Irish) and so you have to stay. The decision should be within a few months.

I can see plenty of room for a centre right party here to grow using the "we'll clamp down on immigration and streamline it" to get votes
Jack The Stripper

Is Gormon trolling us now that he wants schools to house ‘refugees’?
First question does he not know the difference between a gimmigrant from London and a genuine refugee?
Question two are we expected to home school our children.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:03 am Is Gormon trolling us now that he wants schools to house ‘refugees’?
First question does he not know the difference between a gimmigrant from London and a genuine refugee?
O’Gormless will not be happy until the Irish way of life is destroyed and we become second class citizens in our own country.

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:09 am O’Gormless will not be happy until the Irish way of life is destroyed and we become second class citizens in our own country.
But, but we will all have a warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing that we did the right thing.
'no more blah blah blah'
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:03 am Is Gormon trolling us now that he wants schools to house ‘refugees’?
I assume it's desperation,with the hotels wanting em out,schools would be empty for the summer?

Whatever way you look at it,the government have made a complete and utter mess of this and now are scrambling desperately to solve this issue......for all his faults O'Gorman has been left with been left with a shit situation at hands of his government colleagues,and not a single other government TD or minister is doing anything to help,only ignoring it and hope it goes away
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:29 am But, but we will all have a warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing that we did the right thing.
I've been told you can get the same feeling by pissing in your pants.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:29 am But, but we will all have a warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing that we did the right thing.
:mrgreen:

Won’t we though ??!!

marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

I heard this morning on the radio that 40% of people seeking asylum last year had "misplaced" their documents by the time they got off whichever mode of transport they used. I think this warrants an independent investigation, if we're waiting for the Government to issue a report, the place will be swamped.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

I love the way RTE are still trying to play the game that anyone who is critical of this utter fecking lunacy is "far right", "racist" etc...

ticking time bomb....

Glad I live in Spain where there are pretty much zero benefits, so the wasters don't seem to bother coming here.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

marhay70 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:02 pm I heard this morning on the radio that 40% of people seeking asylum last year had "misplaced" their documents by the time they got off whichever mode of transport they used. I think this warrants an independent investigation, if we're waiting for the Government to issue a report, the place will be swamped.
Never gonna happen sadly.

Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

The more I think about it, the more I blame the civil service rather than the minister. O'Gorman is trying to do something but the civil service move at their own glacial pace, looking for reports, etc to slow things down to their own pace.

Most of the problems in this country can be put at the civil service rather than the minister.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:07 am The more I think about it, the more I blame the civil service rather than the minister. O'Gorman is trying to do something but the civil service move at their own glacial pace, looking for reports, etc to slow things down to their own pace.

Most of the problems in this country can be put at the civil service rather than the minister.
This is exactly what I said in another post, the Civil Service is a law unto itself. I'm reminded of the time Robert Watt refused to appear before an Oireachtas committee over Tony Holohan's appointment to TCD. I remember thinking "who is this fcuker and what right has he to refuse to be questioned by the peoples' representatives"? This sort of thing has been going on for years, I remember something similar during the planning Tribunals, but the ones with the power to change it are the politicians and they don't seem to have the will, so obviously they are happy with the status quo and all the indignant reaction is just window dressing.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I think that if a politician tries to reform the civil service, the civil service would try to frustrate the reforms.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:01 pm I think that if a politician tries to reform the civil service, the civil service would try to frustrate the reforms.
I think that politicians like it just as it is. They can make the Civil Servants the scapegoats for all the shite going on and the Civil Servants, knowing they are untouchable, just suck it up. Everybody's happy, except Seán and Mary citizen of course, who just get fobbed off with the usual excuses.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

It's not necessarily to do with an unreformed or stagnant or stubborn or behemoth civil service. Many graduates of arts-based university courses that actively indoctrinate progressive ideas into students are thereafter employed by the civil service. In fact this is where they are most suited for employment.

The long march through the institutions is a real thing. People who have certain ideas and a high degree of education get into senior roles and introduce systems and an ethos that becomes first policy and then the law.

I have met some of these people. One friend confided in me that she (as a senior civil servant) plays the long game. I was quite shocked - it seemed so cynical.

Once a certain atmosphere has been established there cannot be contradictory voices within departments. Or it's very difficult. If a senior civil servant says all people can come, open borders etc, for example, then anyone less senior questioning that from a pragmatic point of view feels the chill.

This is one possible aspect. I'm not saying it's the whole picture.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Jack The Stripper

The civil service is a mere pawn along with the government, puppets to wef. There are civil servants reading the last few posts realising that yes although they are just puppets they are dealing with muppets, the public.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Leo Varadkar on the RTE at lunchtime admitted that he had no idea how many bogus asylum seekers had been deported and said that in the majority of cases they would have "re-deported" themselves once their asylum claims were turned down. Righty, there's no way that they would have just melted into the background and remained here.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Ya I heard that also.

How the feck are we unable to put a number on it!
Jack The Stripper

They need to distinguish between a gimmigrant and a refugee first.