Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

IMMIGRATION OUT OF CONTROL

The burning issues of the day
jmayo

Re: IMMIGRATION OUT OF CONTROL

Post by jmayo »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:07 am The more I think about it, the more I blame the civil service rather than the minister. O'Gorman is trying to do something but the civil service move at their own glacial pace, looking for reports, etc to slow things down to their own pace.

Most of the problems in this country can be put at the civil service rather than the minister.
Bullshyte.
This almost looks like a deflection effort to be honest.

Was it the civil service's idea to send out a tweet from his account in different languages advising chancers to come to this country ?

Stop trying to deflect from what the utter shytehouse has done.
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

Over 60% of gimmigrants are destroying their passports/documents arriving at airports here. Paul Murphy and the ngo’s having their big day out today in support of it surrounded by the nation Garda force no doubt.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:49 am Over 60% of gimmigrants are destroying their passports/documents arriving at airports here. Paul Murphy and the ngo’s having their big day out today in support of it surrounded by the nation Garda force no doubt.
Paul Murphy is such an arsehole he should wear underpants as a face mask.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Not sure of the numbers yesterday but judging by the photographs here: https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/soci ... in-dublin/ rent a mob and all the usual lefties, do-gooders and hangers-on were there. I also find it slightly grating to see images of non (?) Irish people at the forefront of protests. Imagine turning up in Lagos as a white person and demanding rights for white immigrants.

And, listening to Duncan Stewart on the Brendan O'Connor show today, the reality of the huge numbers of immigrants that will want to move to Europe due to climate change is staggering. How many will our virtue signalling lefties want Ireland to take in?
'no more blah blah blah'
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:27 pm Not sure of the numbers yesterday but judging by the photographs here: https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/soci ... in-dublin/ rent a mob and all the usual lefties, do-gooders and hangers-on were there. I also find it slightly grating to see images of non (?) Irish people at the forefront of protests. Imagine turning up in Lagos as a white person and demanding rights for white immigrants.

And, listening to Duncan Stewart on the Brendan O'Connor show today, the reality of the huge numbers of immigrants that will want to move to Europe due to climate change is staggering. How many will our virtue signalling lefties want Ireland to take in?
To the last question there - to famine level population and in 2040 an African collective will release a charity single for Irish famine*

*except they won’t as it’s only ever one way with the hands out.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:27 pm Not sure of the numbers yesterday but judging by the photographs here: https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/soci ... in-dublin/ rent a mob and all the usual lefties, do-gooders and hangers-on were there. I also find it slightly grating to see images of non (?) Irish people at the forefront of protests. Imagine turning up in Lagos as a white person and demanding rights for white immigrants.

What do these people say if you bring up sheer numbers and the fact that 60% of immigrants are chucking their passports ??

Or of the homeless crisis in Ireland and how all of this is completely unsustainable ?

Far right yeah ?
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

This is what galls me most Bishop. It's all so polarised; you're literally Hitler unless you agree to uncontrolled immigration. There's no nuance, no sensible assessment of the country's capability to accommodate, employ, or otherwise pay for a massive influx of dependent individuals.

The OTT virtue signalling is the worst aspect of this - far left activists tripping over themselves to assure you that they're not the cruel, sadistic, broadly centrist folks expressing concern and asking common sense questions.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Probably a controversial opinion for some on this site but I think we should be providing refuge to people made homeless by the devastating earthquake in Turkey and Syria. By we I mean Europe as a whole, and Ireland taking a proportionate share. I really do.

9 million people have been made effectively homeless in very cold temperatures. The death toll is over 40,000, but I think it will run into a hundred thousand plus when all is counted up. The place is leveled in huge swathes.

In Ukraine 20,000 people (including combatants) have been killed and about 7 million internally displaced to relatives homes, which is bad of course. And 8 million have fled to Europe. What happened overnight in Turkey is much worse on a humanitarian level, in my opinion. But we have our hotels and refuges full now, and many taking refuge here have disposed illegally of their travel documents. And a good percentage have travelled here from completely safe places. Which is not what refugee means.

Because we are indiscriminately taking in everyone who literally shows up, and because the powerful have been calling people monsters if they question the migrant's entitlement to just rock up here, eg economic migrants, now we have (I think) zero capacity to help genuine people suffering after a huge catastrophe.
In my opinion, this is wrong.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

We already have Syrians.
They're last seasons fashion.
Ukraine are so hot right now.
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

isha wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:04 am Probably a controversial opinion for some on this site but I think we should be providing refuge to people made homeless by the devastating earthquake in Turkey and Syria. By we I mean Europe as a whole, and Ireland taking a proportionate share. I really do.
I must admit, I disagree here. Why is the first solution we consider to allow millions of people to move to Europe? Why do we disimprove our own conditions rather than trying to improve conditions locally?

The cultural issues alone mean that, in huge numbers, Turks and Syrians will continue to ghetto-ise and remain unassimilated wherever they land.

Turkey is a large and relatively wealthy country (look at their military budget for example). If Ireland suffered a natural disaster making 10% of the population homeless, would the first option be for everyone to leave and arrive cap in hand in some other European country? I'd say the first response from neighbouring countries would be to help us rebuild in situ.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Yes I agree that to accommodate locally and rebuild in situ is the very best solution. Most people love their own homeland....and guess what, that's still allowed, in spite of what the globalists might say.

But we are completely overstretched budget wise with the economic migrants we have taken in already and we cannot afford to give adequate help. We can give a million or so here and there now, and spend a billion or more here at home on many people who were perfectly fine in their home village except for boredom and the tempting promise of a flat in Europe.

But I do think that refuge, in it's original sense, would include at least providing temporary accommodation, roofs over heads, heat, food, medical care, in the immediate aftermath of a catastrophic disaster, and that might need bringing people here for logistical reasons.

People in great numbers are going to freeze, starve or die of medieval diseases otherwise.

But we can't do either of these things now because we threw open the doors to anyone at all, for cheap labour and to rebuild our pension funds, in my opinion. The conflation of refugee and economic migrant, which occurred some years back at official EU level, was a bad thing to do.

I'm not against economic migration. Properly organised with visas and background checks etc, like if I wanted to migrate outside the EU
Jack The Stripper

Sweet Jesus we can’t be taking the whole world in. It would be a fine thing at this stage if China helped Russia and get this war or whatever you want to call it blitzed.
It would put a end to the welfare tourists the fakeugees, the paw out and give me give me give me. Their children are causing so much disruption in schools with bullying etc. Their parents have zero manners also and they swanning around in their ua cars and nothing on the window.
And now you want to take in a shot of People from turkey and Syria ffs.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

In fairness Jack, I think I'm on my own re this one. My point is I prefer to use our refugee system for real refugees. And there are those. Sitting in the rubble of your house in the snow after an earthquake is a different world than the one where people who are safe and well are checking out the welfare systems in different migrant destinations on their smartphones.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:40 pm In fairness Jack, I think I'm on my own re this one. My point is I prefer to use our refugee system for real refugees. And there are those. Sitting in the rubble of your house in the snow after an earthquake is a different world than the one where people who are safe and well are checking out the welfare systems in different migrant destinations on their smartphones.
I both agree and disagree with you here in a way Isha.

Yep - absolutely the people in Turkey's earthquake would be exactly who we should help if we could but we've taken in so many thousands who shouldn't have got with a million miles of us that we're tapped out.

I agree with another poster there, we should try to help where we can on the ground.

Perhaps if Concern and Goal etc were targeting help at the right place - tbh if I see one more "poor African child" on their adverts with the pleading tone of the adverts ... I will throw up.

The money is there - the corrupt fckers in charge just keep it.

Lets get aid on the ground to Turkey and Syria through the International Red Cross - not 100s of NGOs who all want paying.

I saw a group of Swiss experts flying back in from rescuing people, them (and their dog) all took unpaid leave to go there and help - ours wouldn't!!

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Ive just been so disturbed by that earthquake. Its a calamity. And yet it is not given the urgent attention it deserves and is ignored like war and suffering in Yemen and the horror for women in Afghanistan. Im fed up of our emotions being manipulated in the permitted ways by a shower of bustards, when theyre not calling us names. Fcukers.
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

Help everyone except our own.
Pathetic.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Mirabeau wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:18 pm Help everyone except our own.
Pathetic.
If you're throwing shade at me, where did I say not to help our own?
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:30 pm Sweet Jesus we can’t be taking the whole world in. It would be a fine thing at this stage if China helped Russia and get this war or whatever you want to call it blitzed.
It would put a end to the welfare tourists the fakeugees, the paw out and give me give me give me. Their children are causing so much disruption in schools with bullying etc. Their parents have zero manners also and they swanning around in their ua cars and nothing on the window.
And now you want to take in a shot of People from turkey and Syria ffs.
Yeah that bugs me, I've seen really high end luxury UA plated SUVs down in Spain too ... taking the absolute piss they are.
Jack The Stripper

I see Trocaire are rolling out their scour to help tarquin or whoever she is. Perhaps if she cut her cloth to measure she wouldn’t be a bum on the world.
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

isha wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:23 pm If you're throwing shade at me, where did I say not to help our own?
Throwing shade lol.
Easy there Logan Paul
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Logan Paul is a bit above my pay grade, I'm afraid.

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

isha wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:58 am Logan Paul is a bit above my pay grade, I'm afraid.
'no more blah blah blah'
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

isha wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:58 am Logan Paul is a bit above my pay grade, I'm afraid.

Thats definitely a style more in keeping with your own.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Del.Monte wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:41 am
Logan Paul is a fancy kind of well paid WWE fella, and I'm more of a humble gypsy. :lol:
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

That's told you all