Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Annoyances & Irritations

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
isha
Verified Username

Re: Annoyances & Irritations

Post by isha »

Aaaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh.
I'm up since four with insomnia, just the latest event in a few weeks of shyte sleep and something has happened to my whole left shoulder, like a pinched nerve, and it is AGONY, I am having hormonal flushes, and I've just made myself some lovely toast and put on peanut butter and went looking for my favourite blueberry jam and the fkn locust has eaten every scrap of it, and I hate toast with just peanut butter on its own, and I'm plain raging now.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Stereotypes. Especially stereotypes behaving stereotypically. I went shopping with The Mammy, she drove (reasonable use, seeing as she's >80 with two artificial hips, and doesn't have an SUV). Shopping done, she was reversing out of her parking space when I warned her that there was a car coming fast from her blind side.

"Be careful - it's a BMW," sez I, in jest. "And driven by a fake blond - that's the worst combination," sez I, still jesting.

The fake blond raced her BMW up to within a few metres of the Mammy's car, jack-knifed into two of the free spaces in the row opposite, parked 5/8th of the beamer in one space, 3/8th in the other; got out and walked right behind the Mammy's still-reversing car without looking left or right. :roll:

Maybe she should have taken the sunglasses off her hair and put them in front of her eyes ...

Slimline Blondie then bounced off towards the shops, closely followed by two enormous wobbling buttocks that looked like they were fighting to escape from her leggings, but - like two squabbling toddlers - scared to make a genuine bid for freedom.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

And probably on PCP as well.....
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

While trying to figure out what on earth did I do to mess up my neck and left scapula, I think I wrecked my upper back doing strengthening movements to deal with some pain in my lower back. So that's good to know. Just give up now while you're ahead, kids.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Me shoulder is still bursted and from 4.30 every morning I can't sleep with the crazy pain of it.
I could slowly become a dangerous woman.
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

I work in facilities management.
My current role has a lot of H&S work and it's cuntish.
I just saw a factory job that pays the same, this annoys me because I'm tempted to feck this job in.
No point in being a responsible person unless I'm getting paid very good money.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

How much HTML programming and website building knowledge I've lost.

I went back to it after I'd say 10 years (doing a website for some friends and their hobby). It's frightening......
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

Unlike a fine wine, I think I must be developing Misophonia as I age.
Ya posh wan Gene on Moncrieff who reviews and tastes the wine. The radio silence whenever she gulps a glass full, followed by the inevitable swallowing sound . . . makes me cringe every time.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Seachtain na Gaeilge has to be the worst thing ever on the radio. Poppy fascism is in the tuppenny halfpenny place compare to this virtue signalling epidemic that hits the airwaves every year. If you're not a gaeilgeoir you're not proper Irish. .......aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

And the unreal hype around the Oscars and the Banshees. Never has such an amount of media bandwagonners been assembled before - thank god there will only be a week more of this as the winner and losers are picked over ad nauseam next week.
'no more blah blah blah'
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

Ireland Call.
A shart of a song.
Just have nothing, instead this festering pox of dirge.

Post by 678904673 »

Mirabeau wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:58 pm Ireland Call.
A shart of a song.
Just have nothing, instead this festering pox of dirge.
Agreed. Some of the players seem half hearted in their rendition. If that's the case just don't bother
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

The Yanks have announced an early summer visitation.
What did I do to deserve this? 🥺

Post by 678904673 »

Wonderful. I've been invited to join a focus group in work to discuss how we can improve employee morale. For me its simple. Give me a pay rise and leave me alone
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Happy Days wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:11 pm Wonderful. I've been invited to join a focus group in work to discuss how we can improve employee morale. For me its simple. Give me a pay rise and leave me alone
100%!

My last boss was an utter wankstain of a human - has the balls to sit in a meeting and go "why do you come to work ?"

Because you pay me to - and given I have to work with you, not fcking nearly enough!!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Revolting French peasants complaining about the imminent raising of the pension age to 64, using the argument "do they think I can keep doing this job till I'm 64???"

Eh, if you decide to keep doing the same job till you're 64 years old, that's your decision. Maybe, instead of complaining about the government adding a year or two to your working life, you might do something about your employer's numerous abuses and lack of respect for the legislation in force? :evil:
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

isha wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:00 pm The Yanks have announced an early summer visitation.
What did I do to deserve this? 🥺
I'm rapidly looking for flights for 10 days around that visit and planning on leaving the phone at home. Sitting on a rock in Spain with a few good books to escape the constant news cycle around this is the goal....
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Speaking of visitations ... on the news this morning, there was a whole segment devoted to the fact that we are now "only" 500 days away from the start of the Paris Olympics.

FFS. I hope that doesn't mean I'll have to put up with 499 more days of this nonsense.

Oh, and the segment included a special report from my local "county town" - a mere 200km from Paris, where we'll be hosting some of the competitions. Wut? Why us? :x
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I'm fit to throw the feckin radio out the window this morning listening to Anton Savage on Newstalk refer to "Patrick's Day" over and over again. It's not a slip, it's like he is flogging some atheist agenda. And, at the end of the show he finally says St.Patrick's Day!!!!!
'no more blah blah blah'
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Unreliable delivery times.

Am coming to the end of this contract, and will be home on Monday at the latest. I've had a stack of cumulative cashback coupons building up for a while the most valuable of which needed to be used by the end of the month, but I held off ordering until Wednesday evening, to be sure the parcel wouldn't arrive until next week. The approximate date given was 21-24th March.

GLS guy phones me at lunchtime today "Where are you? Doesn't look like there's anyone home. Is there somewhere I can leave this parcel?"

FFS ... I don't opt for free delivery only to have things arrive in 36 hours. :shock:

Post by 678904673 »

Water pipe burst in the estate on Saturday morning. No running water since then. Numerous people reported the issue. Council showed up this morning and had it sorted within 2 hours. God forbid they'd fix it over the weekend.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Fekkin hypocrites. When I ordered my winter oat seed last year, I got it from a company promoting themselves as the epitome of organic garden supplies.

Waiting for me in the post-box when I got back this weekend was a 130-page glossy catalogue of all their stuff. So much stuff. And more than half of it seems to be just "stuff" - tacky plastic stuff, not plants or seeds or saplings or anything that contributes to the general health and wellbeing of the planet.

The FAQ section of their website includes the question "how do I receive your catalogue?" - but no instructions on how not to receive it. :evil:
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Happy Days wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:26 pm Water pipe burst in the estate on Saturday morning. No running water since then. Numerous people reported the issue. Council showed up this morning and had it sorted within 2 hours. God forbid they'd fix it over the weekend.
Are you for real? Local Authority, Bank Holiday weekend, and work are words that never appear in the same sentence. No doubt whoever contacted them was told that they should be contacting Irish Water only to do so and be told to contact their Local Authority, and so the dance would begin. Local Government is, by far, the most useless part of state bureaucracy, a hard-won accolade.
It seems to me that there is only one line painting truck shared between every local authority in the country, either that or we can't afford a few cans of white paint. Either way, road markings are in a dangerous state in most areas. You can't tell where stop lines are, traffic lanes, direction arrows, box hatches, bus lanes etc. etc. etc. although as there's no enforcement of any of these things, I suppose it doesn't really matter. Just another example of the slipshod government in Ireland.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

People who give their kids stupid names - and can’t spell them!!!

Judge Judy have a pair - Chevawnne and Shiova’ani.

I’m assuming a lame attempt at Siobhan and Giovanni which are nice but ffs!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

Heard a parent looking for their ‘Fanny’ the weekend in a shop. Fanny was their daughter.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:12 pm Heard a parent looking for their ‘Fanny’ the weekend in a shop. Fanny was their daughter.
Oh dear!! Now my nan had a school friend called that apparently but that was 100 years ago and we’ve got smuttier since then!!