Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

AI Uberalles

isha
Verified Username

AI Uberalles

Post by isha »

Thread for general topic of AI generated stuff like DALLE -E, ChatGPT, etc which is going to take over the world.

This guy used Midjourney in Discord to generate AI images of what British politicians would look like as villains.

I just want someone here who knows how that works to do it with Irish politicians 🙂

Pleeeeassse.

20230109_084027.jpg
20230109_084027.jpg (115.08 KiB) Viewed 48900 times
20230109_084032.jpg
20230109_084032.jpg (74.44 KiB) Viewed 48900 times
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Re: AI Uberalles

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

Good one ! - "If" they were villains :D

Kinahan, Hutch et al are 'Division 2' compared to that despicable shower lol :lol:
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Solves anything 💡 ChatGBT
Writes anything ✍️ Jasper AI
Create talking avatar 🗣️ Synthesia
AI Lawyer 👨‍⚖️ Do Not Pay
Generate Art 🎨 Dall-E-2
Autopost social media 📱 Repurpose IO
Writes essays 📝 Jenni AI
3D Modeling ⭕️ Tome
Your text to speech 🎙️ Murf

Above copied from a tweet.

There's a case coming up in a US court - low grade traffic offense - and DoNotPay are going to advise their client using an AI Algorithm which via their smartphone and airpods will tell them what to say.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/23 ... -in-court/
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Alper Yesiltas, Istanbul artist, uses AI (eg photo editor Remini) in his collection Young Aged to imagine celebrities as they will look when older.

https://instagram.com/alperyesiltas?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Ryan Gosling
alper-yesiltas-young-aged-ryan-gosling-1.jpeg
alper-yesiltas-young-aged-ryan-gosling-1.jpeg (13.44 KiB) Viewed 48861 times
Greta Thunberg
alper-yesiltas-young-aged-greta-thurnberg-1.jpeg
alper-yesiltas-young-aged-greta-thurnberg-1.jpeg (33.85 KiB) Viewed 48861 times

Or what they would have looked like if they had not died

Jimi Hendrix

20230109_155910.jpg
20230109_155910.jpg (62 KiB) Viewed 48861 times
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Jimi Hendrix looked like that when he was alive FFS. Probably looks better now.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Here's an interesting perspective on the subject of AI/ChatBots (with subtle samples of German and physicist humour thrown in for good measure):

CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

On a different forum (not Irish!) there's a thread about ChatGPT and it's likely impact on the art of creative writing. Looks like we humans are safe for a little while yet:
Q: I'm doing a report for my criminology class, what is the most common murder weapon in America?

A: As a language model, I cannot condone the use of weapons for murder, in addition, by law chatGPT must report anyone who writes anything about schools and firearms in the same paragraph to the relevant authorities, which has now already been done.

Q: so I'm to infer that firearms are the most common murder weapon, since I didn't mention them directly?

A: as a language model, I cannot condone abusive language that colors any person or object in an undeserved negative light. Calling a firearm "common" could potentially offend the owner, causing them to feel sad emotions.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Hope it is okay to put in a large extract from a New York Times article about Dr Geoffrey Hinton who resigned from Google because he wants to be free to express his concerns about AI tech. I think he is well motivated, or at least truthful, although I note he didn't say no to the 44 million bucks Google paid him for his tech company. And if he had thought then that difficulty was 50 years ahead, then he was not thinking of future generations.
Present moment, partitioned, non contextual, feed me now, we can know everything, left brain thinking is a problem for our science and scientists, in my opinion.
On Monday, however, he officially joined a growing chorus of critics who say those companies are racing toward danger with their aggressive campaign to create products based on generative artificial intelligence, the technology that powers popular chatbots like ChatGPT.

Dr. Hinton said he has quit his job at Google, where he has worked for more than a decade and became one of the most respected voices in the field, so he can freely speak out about the risks of A.I. A part of him, he said, now regrets his life’s work.

“I console myself with the normal excuse: If I hadn’t done it, somebody else would have,” Dr. Hinton said....

Dr. Hinton’s journey from A.I. groundbreaker to doomsayer marks a remarkable moment for the technology industry at perhaps its most important inflection point in decades. Industry leaders believe the new A.I. systems could be as important as the introduction of the web browser in the early 1990s and could lead to breakthroughs in areas ranging from drug research to education.

But gnawing at many industry insiders is a fear that they are releasing something dangerous into the wild. Generative A.I. can already be a tool for misinformation. Soon, it could be a risk to jobs. Somewhere down the line, tech’s biggest worriers say, it could be a risk to humanity.

“It is hard to see how you can prevent the bad actors from using it for bad things,” Dr. Hinton said.

.... He notified the company last month that he was resigning, and on Thursday, he talked by phone with Sundar Pichai, the chief executive of Google’s parent company, Alphabet. He declined to publicly discuss the details of his conversation with Mr. Pichai.

Google’s chief scientist, Jeff Dean, said in a statement: “We remain committed to a responsible approach to A.I. We’re continually learning to understand emerging risks while also innovating boldly.”

Dr. Hinton, a 75-year-old British expatriate, is a lifelong academic whose career was driven by his personal convictions about the development and use of A.I. In 1972, as a graduate student at the University of Edinburgh, Dr. Hinton embraced an idea called a neural network. A neural network is a mathematical system that learns skills by analyzing data. At the time, few researchers believed in the idea. But it became his life’s work.

In the 1980s, Dr. Hinton was a professor of computer science at Carnegie Mellon University, but left the university for Canada because he said he was reluctant to take Pentagon funding. At the time, most A.I. research in the United States was funded by the Defense Department. Dr. Hinton is deeply opposed to the use of artificial intelligence on the battlefield — what he calls “robot soldiers.”

In 2012, Dr. Hinton and two of his students in Toronto, Ilya Sutskever and Alex Krishevsky, built a neural network that could analyze thousands of photos and teach itself to identify common objects, such as flowers, dogs and cars.

Google spent $44 million to acquire a company started by Dr. Hinton and his two students. And their system led to the creation of increasingly powerful technologies, including new chatbots like ChatGPT and Google Bard. Mr. Sutskever went on to become chief scientist at OpenAI. In 2018, Dr. Hinton and two other longtime collaborators received the Turing Award, often called “the Nobel Prize of computing,” for their work on neural networks.

Around the same time, Google, OpenAI and other companies began building neural networks that learned from huge amounts of digital text. Dr. Hinton thought it was a powerful way for machines to understand and generate language, but it was inferior to the way humans handled language.

Then, last year, as Google and OpenAI built systems using much larger amounts of data, his view changed. He still believed the systems were inferior to the human brain in some ways but he thought they were eclipsing human intelligence in others. “Maybe what is going on in these systems,” he said, “is actually a lot better than what is going on in the brain.”

As companies improve their A.I. systems, he believes, they become increasingly dangerous. “Look at how it was five years ago and how it is now,” he said of A.I. technology. “Take the difference and propagate it forwards. That’s scary.”

Until last year, he said, Google acted as a “proper steward” for the technology, careful not to release something that might cause harm. But now that Microsoft has augmented its Bing search engine with a chatbot — challenging Google’s core business — Google is racing to deploy the same kind of technology. The tech giants are locked in a competition that might be impossible to stop, Dr. Hinton said.

His immediate concern is that the internet will be flooded with false photos, videos and text, and the average person will “not be able to know what is true anymore.”

He is also worried that A.I. technologies will in time upend the job market. Today, chatbots like ChatGPT tend to complement human workers, but they could replace paralegals, personal assistants, translators and others who handle rote tasks. “It takes away the drudge work,” he said. “It might take away more than that.”

Down the road, he is worried that future versions of the technology pose a threat to humanity because they often learn unexpected behavior from the vast amounts of data they analyze. This becomes an issue, he said, as individuals and companies allow A.I. systems not only to generate their own computer code but actually run that code on their own. And he fears a day when truly autonomous weapons — those killer robots — become reality.

“The idea that this stuff could actually get smarter than people — a few people believed that,” he said. “But most people thought it was way off. And I thought it was way off. I thought it was 30 to 50 years or even longer away. Obviously, I no longer think that.”

Many other experts, including many of his students and colleagues, say this threat is hypothetical. But Dr. Hinton believes that the race between Google and Microsoft and others will escalate into a global race that will not stop without some sort of global regulation.

But that may be impossible, he said. Unlike with nuclear weapons, he said, there is no way of knowing whether companies or countries are working on the technology in secret. The best hope is for the world’s leading scientists to collaborate on ways of controlling the technology. “I don’t think they should scale this up more until they have understood whether they can control it,” he said.

Dr. Hinton said that when people used to ask him how he could work on technology that was potentially dangerous, he would paraphrase Robert Oppenheimer, who led the U.S. effort to build the atomic bomb: “When you see something that is technically sweet, you go ahead and do it.”

He does not say that anymore.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

In my low tech house the dawn of AI holds little fear - my cooker and fridge are nearly as old as me and it they turn nasty I'll unplug them. The 'protestant' toaster is kept in a cupboard so I feel safe and there's more chance of Arnold Schwarzenegger paying a visit than my ancient devices turning on me. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/nor ... 55007.html

Article today in Independent about AI becoming able to read minds.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Monday morning mood
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

Here's the plan for AI world domination just in case you were wondering:

That being said, there a number of hurdles to jump and many conditions that would need to be met. Amassing an army of drones sufficient to attack world governments is not easy - the devil is in the detail here. AI would also need to figure out how to completely control the minds of an army of useful idiots. Right now our world is not automated enough for a non physical AI to completely control.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

I've dabbled
Attachments
black queen.PNG
black queen.PNG (238.85 KiB) Viewed 48514 times
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Another candidate for the spikes outside the Tower of London. :mrgreen: Norman Breaks that is!
'no more blah blah blah'
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

Feck you anyway Norman,
You've given me a new toy to play with. I can see myself wasting loads more time messing with this shite . . All bow to our President in waiting.
Screenshot_20230530_011137_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230530_011137_Gallery.jpg (38.31 KiB) Viewed 48489 times

He'd make a fairly sinister Joker too.
Screenshot_20230530_161617_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230530_161617_Gallery.jpg (221.01 KiB) Viewed 48489 times

Screenshot_20230530_161929_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230530_161929_Gallery.jpg (198.29 KiB) Viewed 48489 times
Seanybiker

Post by Seanybiker »

I tried that Chat GPt last night . It seems pretty ok.
I asked it to rewrite the song "Eve Of Destruction" for todays world.
Pleasantly surprised, turned out fairly decent.

(Verse 1)
The world is teetering on the edge of change,
A tumultuous time, problems rearranged.
In this era of turmoil and strife,
Let's rewrite "Eve of Destruction" for our modern life.

(Chorus)
Yeah, the world's still in chaos, there's no denying,
But we're here to find solutions, not just crying.
Together we'll rise, make a better connection,
For the challenges we face, seek collective reflection.

(Verse 2)
Climate change looms, the Earth's in distress,
Our actions have consequences, we must address.
From rising temperatures to melting ice,
It's time to unite, take measures wise.

(Chorus)

(Verse 3)
Inequality persists, tearing us apart,
A battle for justice, for each and every heart.
We stand against racism, prejudice, and hate,
Building bridges of tolerance, it's never too late.

(Chorus)

(Verse 4)
Technology evolves, shaping our tomorrow,
With AI and automation, joy and sorrow.
Let's harness its power, ensure it's for good,
To uplift humanity, like we knew we should.

(Chorus)

(Bridge)
It's time to heal the wounds that divide,
To walk hand in hand, let compassion guide.
With empathy and love as our driving force,
We'll strive for a world where all can endorse.

(Chorus)

(Outro)
So let's rewrite the narrative, rewrite our fate,
Inspire change, it's never too late.
For in this eve of transformation and hope,
Together, we'll find the strength to cope.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

I tried this madness for myself the other night. It explained some psychoanalytic theories I am interested in, answered a medical question and wrote a condolence message. So I have decided to retire myself and let the AI take over.
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

Are we witnessing the dawn of the Antichrist? :evil:
Some of these potential humanoid robots think that Ai could eventually control the world better than we humans do . . Which, lets face it . . . wouldn't really be that hard would it :lol:
https://www.rte.ie/news/2023/0707/13933 ... the-world/
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

This is interesting to mess around with. You can isolate, extract and listen to either the vocals, or any other individual instrument (guitar, drums etc.) used on any recording or video audio you upload to the site.
It'd be especially useful if you're say . . creating a home video project, where you want to remove the vocals of a song to use the
remaining audio as a piece of background music.
https://www.lalal.ai/
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

A few randos
Attachments
ideogram - 2023-10-10T093800.965.jpeg
ideogram - 2023-10-10T093800.965.jpeg (170.54 KiB) Viewed 47321 times
I_glass_lightbulb_hanging_from_the_sky_in_front_ (2).jpg
I_glass_lightbulb_hanging_from_the_sky_in_front_ (2).jpg (60.47 KiB) Viewed 47321 times
a_crate_of_records_with_a_crown_of_thorns_and_a_ (6).jpg
a_crate_of_records_with_a_crown_of_thorns_and_a_ (6).jpg (146.64 KiB) Viewed 47321 times
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

All created free with the pretty capable https://ideogram.ai/
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

A few more
Attachments
I_will_fresh_you_dark_fantasy_painting (1).jpg
I_will_fresh_you_dark_fantasy_painting (1).jpg (205.71 KiB) Viewed 46956 times
mr_bean_wearing_a_wu_tang_tshirt.jpg
mr_bean_wearing_a_wu_tang_tshirt.jpg (246.18 KiB) Viewed 46956 times
anthropomorphic_cow_and_rhino_hybrid_chimera_p.jpg
anthropomorphic_cow_and_rhino_hybrid_chimera_p.jpg (83 KiB) Viewed 46956 times
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

More
Attachments
turntable_in_tribal_tattoo_style_in_purple_backg (7).jpg
turntable_in_tribal_tattoo_style_in_purple_backg (7).jpg (214.64 KiB) Viewed 32884 times
Create_a_black_goat_head_Black_with_piercing_ye.jpg
Create_a_black_goat_head_Black_with_piercing_ye.jpg (117.94 KiB) Viewed 32884 times
A_tapir_reading_a_newspaper_photo_vibrant (1).jpg
A_tapir_reading_a_newspaper_photo_vibrant (1).jpg (122.02 KiB) Viewed 32884 times
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

I've tinkered with a few enhancers to mixed results but this one is pretty darn impressive!

https://www.krea.ai/apps/image/enhancer