Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Newstalk - have your say!

The wireless

Re: Newstalk - have your say!

Post by 95438756 »

And now Pat is dissecting the northern Irish economy in the wake of the Windsor agreement by having the lines of Morgan Ross and another goon from the financial times on with their punditry. Ffs.as if pat has any influence on ni

Post by 95438756 »

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Last item this morning featured far-left nut job/ West Dublin People Before Profit-Solidarity TD, Gino Kenny, who reckons that the Army and Gardai will stage a coup if there's a left wing government elected in Ireland. Gino made interviewer, Ciara Kelly, look rational - some achievement not often seen. Incidentally, the hilarious name of the 'rudely' named Greystones business alluded to by Ciara is "Camel Tow".... :roll: :roll: :roll:

'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Shane and Ciara trying to distance themselves from the Oscars disaster is very funny. Having spent weeks milking the topic for every last second of broadcasting Shane said this morning "it wasn't the best film ever made" - what a buffoon .............. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

During my week off - sulking over my ban - I had the misfortune to hear Ciara Kelly discussing - in depth - the topic of labiaplasty https://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic ... abiaplasty Imagine taking the kids to school in the car when that topic came up. Of course, labiaplasty should be part of the primary school curriculum. :lol:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

This morning we learnt that Ciara can't afford to switch on her heating at home. The other highlight (?) a discussion on the titillating topic of topless female bathing in German swimming pools and should we introduce it. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Del.Monte wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:10 am This morning we learnt that Ciara can't afford to switch on her heating at home. The other highlight (?) a discussion on the titillating topic of topless female bathing in German swimming pools and should we introduce it. :roll:
I see what you did there Del, Very Frankie Howerd 8-)
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

So, not content with casting all people concerned about uncontrolled immigration as the "far right" Ciara Kelly has dismissed them this morning as "headbangers" - thank you for your insightful opinion. And, she has revealed that she has "black" first cousins - is there any aspect of Irish life that Ciara doesn't have direct personal experience?
'no more blah blah blah'
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

If I'm spending the day in the workshop, I'd
usually start listening to the radio with Pat Kennys show at 9am, it's mostly just to have some background noise whilst I'm working but I think its also important to keep up with current events. Kenny is intelligent and honest and has done some very good interviews. I can't abide Andrea Gilligan so I'll switch over to Louise Duffy at 12 for the hour and the news with Bryan Dobson, then depending what Joe is on about, I'll either listen to him or switch back to Moncrieff on Newstalk for some irrelevant nonsense. I don't get why Kieran Cuddihy is given three hours for his show? when in reality . . . three minutes is more than enough.
I've just gotten an extra long audio lead that I can run through the wall from the computer in the office to the sound system in the workshop, so hopefully I'll be able to listen to more YouTube playlists or podcasts while working, rather than so much Newstalk from now on.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Piece this morning on scratch card gambling with Ciara....on Newstalk the home of the ridiculous "cash machine"....needless to say it was a very short piece.I wonder if Newstalk's parent have a licence for their lottery? :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 678904673 »

Apelles wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:26 pm If I'm spending the day in the workshop, I'd
usually start listening to the radio with Pat Kennys show at 9am, it's mostly just to have some background noise whilst I'm working but I think its also important to keep up with current events. Kenny is intelligent and honest and has done some very good interviews. I can't abide Andrea Gilligan so I'll switch over to Louise Duffy at 12 for the hour and the news with Bryan Dobson, then depending what Joe is on about, I'll either listen to him or switch back to Moncrieff on Newstalk for some irrelevant nonsense. I don't get why Kieran Cuddihy is given three hours for his show? when in reality . . . three minutes is more than enough.
I've just gotten an extra long audio lead that I can run through the wall from the computer in the office to the sound system in the workshop, so hopefully I'll be able to listen to more YouTube playlists or podcasts while working, rather than so much Newstalk from now on.
Any time I've listened to Louise Duffy I've been pleasantly surprised. So far she's doing a good job. Although I still haven't forgiven her for marrying Paul Galvin :lol:
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Happy Days wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:02 am Any time I've listened to Louise Duffy I've been pleasantly surprised. So far she's doing a good job. Although I still haven't forgiven her for marrying Paul Galvin :lol:
She hasn't got the encyclopaedic musical knowledge of Ronan but she does have an easy going way of presenting that fits in well. I've no idea who Paul Galvin is, so I'll give her a bye on that.

Post by 678904673 »

marhay70 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:38 am She hasn't got the encyclopaedic musical knowledge of Ronan but she does have an easy going way of presenting that fits in well. I've no idea who Paul Galvin is, so I'll give her a bye on that.
He played with Kerry in the 00's and won 3/4 four all irelands. A fine player and in pundit terms "he played on the edge." Or in layman's language he was a dirty so and so. Went into fashion and had a range of clothes with Dunne Stores that were crimes against fashion.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Happy Days wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:46 am He played with Kerry in the 00's and won 3/4 four all irelands. A fine player and in pundit terms "he played on the edge." Or in layman's language he was a dirty so and so. Went into fashion and had a range of clothes with Dunne Stores that were crimes against fashion.
Ahh GAA, that explains why I never heard of him.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

1st World problems on Lunchtime Live with people giving out about having to take annual leave to attend weddings. FFS! Somebody should set-up a Go Fund me page for the poor creatures.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Plumbing new depths tonight with Anton Savage in for the woeful Kieran Cuddihy - he even attempted to work in a humourous reference to the Tennessee massacre in a piece about how to entertain your children at Easter!!

Elsewhere on the show a plug for Newstalk's appalling podcast about the effect on Ireland of a nuclear strike - like we need a podcast about this??? A despicable attempt by a rubbish radio station desperate to generate income no matter how distasteful the topic.
'no more blah blah blah'
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

That Anton Savage.
A few years before we hear something?
Weird vibes off him.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Continuing their campaign to murder the English language Newstalk Breakfast discussed the growing use of clichés in Ireland and 'circling back ' was cited as one. I hate to break it to Shane & Co. that 'circling back ' is just another bit of business jargon that the user believes makes them appear edgy as they get 'all their ducks in a row '... 'going forward ' - not a cliché.
Here's a cliché (?) that could be applied to most journalists especially those employed by Newstalk ...'poor prior preparation produces piss poor performance'.... :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Unlistenable rubbish this morning; Cure for grey hair; UFOs; more 'in depth' discussion of Sinn Fein's housing policy; repeats on RTE. Not even a row between these legends of Irish broadcasting... radio off and I can already feel my mood lifting. :D
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Newstalk trying to whip up hysteria about Michelle O'Neill (SF) attending the Coronation of King Charles.III. - Ciara's contribution was that she didn't think many Irish people had any interest in the event. LOL! Some bogger from Tralee texted the show saying that the Monarchy should be abolished - WTF? Why should some peasant from Tralee care how the people of the UK organise their system of government? I think Tralee should be abolished.
Anyway, I'm just pissed off because my invite has got lost in the post. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 678904673 »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:40 am Newstalk trying to whip up hysteria about Michelle O'Neill (SF) attending the Coronation of King Charles.III. - Ciara's contribution was that she didn't think many Irish people had any interest in the event. LOL! Some bogger from Tralee texted the show saying that the Monarchy should be abolished - WTF? Why should some peasant from Tralee care how the people of the UK organise their system of government? I think Tralee should be abolished.
Anyway, I'm just pissed off because my invite has got lost in the post. :mrgreen:
Just turn up on spec and sit down the back. No one will notice :D
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

A Bank Holiday approaches and guess what - the cash machine call has been missed two days running - pure coincidence I'm sure. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Adrian Kennedy is worse than Andrea - today on 'national' radio - your favourite crisp sandwich. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Adrian Kennedy on the "Inside Track" this evening with a woeful couple of alleged comediennes - never heard of either of them before. Ostensibly they were on to promote their podcast - Keeping up with the Dirtbirds...None the wiser from the segment but it sounds as funny as watching paint dry. Where do they drag these interviewees from not to mention the interviewer. :roll:

https://www.dirtbirds.net/
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The "Coleman & Kelly Laugh In " this morning worse than ever as they try and whip up hysteria about the Coronation - Paul Murphy asked for his opinion ...need I say more. Highpoint - someone texted in and said that Coleman was a typical GAA Nationalist with an anti-British chip on his shoulder.

Saturday is going to be a great day - first the Coronation and followed in the afternoon by Ronan O'Gara's La Rochelle humbling Leinster - again! :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'