Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Forgotten Gems ??

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
DeletedUser

Forgotten Gems ??

Post by DeletedUser »

Has anyone recently seen a film or series that was out years ago and they’ve just seen - and it’s great??

I just watched Erin Brockovich and really enjoyed it !!

Any others ??
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Forgotten Gems ??

Post by Del.Monte »

I'm just watching the box set of "Pure Mule" (2005) and really enjoying it. I had no idea that there was so much sex in the midlands - and drug taking. It passed me by when I had the misfortune to live there for a few years.
'no more blah blah blah'
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Del.Monte wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:26 pm I'm just watching the box set of "Pure Mule" (2005) and really enjoying it. I had no idea that there was so much sex in the midlands - and drug taking. It passed me by when I had the misfortune to live there for a few years.
I live there now and clearly others are getting it instead of me !!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Rounders
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

Charlene mckeena and that e30 what more did a fella want. Pure mule was a good series.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:43 am Charlene mckeena and that e30 what more did a fella want. Pure mule was a good series.
As somebody said elsewhere, "Charlene McKenna, the best thing to come out of Monaghan since laundered diesel". :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 678904673 »

Family was very good. Although I think that might have been a co-production with BBC
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Happy Days wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:25 am Family was very good. Although I think that might have been a co-production with BBC
My God !
Was that the one with Charlow ?

Post by 678904673 »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:13 am My God !
Was that the one with Charlow ?
Yep. Sean McGinly played him and this so very well. He seems to have a knack for playing scumbags :)
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Happy Days wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:15 am Yep. Sean McGinly played him and this so very well. He seems to have a knack for playing scumbags :)
I hope he takes it as a compliment but he has that skanger look and the plays arseholes to absolute perfection!!!!

Post by 678904673 »

Another one with Sean McGinly and this time a bit more obscure, was DDU: District Detective Unit. Think it was late 90's early 00'S. Don't think it lasted more then one series but my recollection of it was that it was pretty good
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Happy Days wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:09 am Another one with Sean McGinly and this time a bit more obscure, was DDU: District Detective Unit. Think it was late 90's early 00'S. Don't think it lasted more then one series but my recollection of it was that it was pretty good
“DDU: District Detective Unit” (1999) (240 mins) 4 episodes. RTE TV Crime Series.

Sean Mc Ginley, Andrea Irvine, Dermot Martin, Owen Roe, Bosco Hogan.

Directors: Alan Grint. A.J Quinn.

Scriptwriter: Michael Russell.

Production company: Parallel Films.

In an affluent provincial town just outside Dublin, the good people are about to get a reality check. The crime and violence, normally only associated with the inner city, is infiltrating into their proud and deeply religious community.

First came the prostitutes – inevitably followed by the drugs and the protection rackets. Now the once quiet streets are awash with crime and it’s down to the DDU to sort it out.

A fast-paced, gritty and realistic police drama, District Detective Unit deals with the internal dynamics of a tight knit team of detectives trying to come to terms with each other, a crime wave and the problems of policing a town where everyone knows your name.

Not available due to copyright issues.
https://irelandsmovies.wordpress.com/d/

I've too much time on my hands. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

Sean McGinley was also in Making The Cut from the same era.
Also buried / unavailable.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

I remember a yoke I used to watch in the late nineties called Central Park West. It was about a publishing house and all the scandal. I had a little portable television in my room. Father Ted, Central Park West and a triangle cheese sandwich. Ahhh happy times :)
Seanybiker

Post by Seanybiker »

One of my favourites shows ever has to be OZ. Im sure most of ye remember it.
I downloaded it rewatched it a few times over the years. Must rewatch it again soon.

I used to always find it hilarious how Adebisis hat never fell off.

Post by 678904673 »

I use to love watching Northern Exposure. The theme tune was brilliant

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:23 pm I remember a yoke I used to watch in the late nineties called Central Park West. It was about a publishing house and all the scandal. I had a little portable television in my room. Father Ted, Central Park West and a triangle cheese sandwich. Ahhh happy times :)
It is so the little things make us happy, love it!