Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Boards Megathread - Read OP before posting.

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
Bishop_Brennan

Re: Boards Megathread - Read OP before posting.

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Well wow ... I just finished Wolves of The Calla ... wow ... just wow ... one of Sir King's finest!! certainly the best so far of the Dark Tower series

on to Song of Susannah now !!
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:07 am Then why say “you” and not “them”??
Exactly. And what essay was Jack the Stripper talking about? You'd think he'd clarify. I apologised for my mistake, but it was an understandable mistake to make!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Fugue wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:51 pm Exactly. And what essay was Jack the Stripper talking about? You'd think he'd clarify. I apologised for my mistake, but it was an understandable mistake to make!
I’m not convinced you did make a mistake tbh!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:07 am Then why say “you” and not “them”??
Pronouns are a killer alright :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

Fugue wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:51 pm Exactly. And what essay was Jack the Stripper talking about? You'd think he'd clarify. I apologised for my mistake, but it was an understandable mistake to make!
The essay was the load of tripe on planks.
Avey Terrible

Post by Avey Terrible »

Fugue wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:02 pm It's 2023 and people still think troll = person whose views I don't like.
https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205829 ... ing#latest

Two women there forever complaining about misogyny, but silent about males in women's sports and prisons.
I find it so funny that some of the people complaining on that thread about the state of the site are the actual ones that are ruining it.
Biggins

Post by Biggins »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:28 pm The essay was the load of tripe on planks.
HD was right though. You are a nasty piece of work. You won't get an apology from me for saying it either. Clear as day what you are up to here.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Biggins wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:52 pm HD was right though. You are a nasty piece of work. You won't get an apology from me for saying it either. Clear as day what you are up to here.
Glad someone else can see it!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Jack The Stripper

Biggins wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:52 pm HD was right though. You are a nasty piece of work. You won't get an apology from me for saying it either. Clear as day what you are up to here.
What exactly is that? What’s all this faux outrage about?
Jack The Stripper

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:01 pm Glad someone else can see it!!
What am I up to here? All I see is gaslighting from you?

Post by 95438756 »

go on go on. You're a foe anyway.
Jack The Stripper

This must be the worlds worst attempt at trolling I have ever seen. It doesn’t merit a 1/10.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Jesus check out the Feedback thread on
planks.

Apparent “we” should be “referred” to Gardai!!

This is why we have to be careful when there is a user clearly here solely on the wind up.

Post by 678904673 »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:10 pm This must be the worlds worst attempt at trolling I have ever seen. It doesn’t merit a 1/10.
Jack. I'm pretty sure i know who you're Boards account is. And what you're game is here. You have consistently posted right wing nonsense. With the only purpose of getting GUBU a bad name. It won't work.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Happy Days wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:06 am Jack. I'm pretty sure i know who you're Boards account is. And what you're game is here. You have consistently posted right wing nonsense. With the only purpose of getting GUBU a bad name. It won't work.
I’ve narrowed it down to two I think …

Jack The Stripper

I wouldn’t bite even if it meant i would starve. I’m not on boards and I’m not attempting to give gubu any bad name. I don’t understand this, perhaps people will wake up in better form tomorrow.
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

this here site is now in their / zere / zee "swear filter" :D

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _120537367
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

When people call me a "transphobic hateful bigot" anywhere online for saying males should not compete in female sports, males should not be in female prisons, nor should males shower beside small girls in the swimming pool changing room, or if I object strongly to the sterilisation of vulnerable minors via experimental medical pathways that many advanced countries are now abandoning, I like to remember that the people getting their non binary underwear in a bunch are these people with whom I recently shared space in real life ....
IMG_20230430_075731.jpg
IMG_20230430_075731.jpg (100.89 KiB) Viewed 9103 times
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:02 am When people call me a "transphobic hateful bigot" anywhere online for saying males should not compete in female sports, males should not be in female prisons, nor should males shower beside small girls in the swimming pool changing room, or if I object strongly to the sterilisation of vulnerable minors via experimental medical pathways that many advanced countries are now abandoning, I like to remember that the people getting their non binary underwear in a bunch are these people with whom I recently shared space in real life ....

IMG_20230430_075731.jpg
Call me what you like but that is a man who gets his kicks dressing as a woman. And fair dos to him, work away fella.

You’re not a woman tho and never will be.

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:45 am this here site is now in their / zere / zee "swear filter" :D

Apparently we over here are far right Nazis who send death threats to the sweet innocent planks users.

I watched Schindler’s List last night - morons who compare Nazis to people who want limited, sensible immigration levels and believe that single sex spaces are required - should be ashamed.

Post by 678904673 »

Enoch Von Clausewitz wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:45 am this here site is now in their / zere / zee "swear filter" :D

Gubu must be really getting under their skin. We must be doing something right:)
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

That thread is an absolute sh1t-show. Dripping with spite and smugness - and only from the "be kind" lot. I saw some bully signed up just to give Diamonds a hard time, but at least was nuked. Seemed like a duplicate "Livia".

The stuff about calling the guards and death threats and hate etc is all just them having a laugh though, don't give them exactly what they want by reacting.

They're scoring an own goal with constant misuse of "nazi" however. It's seriously offensive to invoke nazi terror in relation to stuff that doesn't even begin to resemble nazism.
Last edited by Fugue on Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Fugue wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:59 am That thread is an absolute sh1t-show. Dripping with spite and smugness - and only from the "be kind" lot. I saw some bully signed up just to give Diamonds a hard time, but at least was nuked. Seemed like a duplicate "Livia".

The stuff about calling the guards and death threats etc is all just them having a laugh though, don't give then exactly what they want by reacting.
Given that I would stake rent money on at least two (that I’m sure of) being in here, you are spot on.

Jack The Stripper

Maybe one person has two laptops and doing the double, now there is food for thought.
Biggins

Post by Biggins »

Fugue wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:59 am That thread is an absolute sh1t-show. Dripping with spite and smugness - and only from the "be kind" lot. I saw some bully signed up just to give Diamonds a hard time, but at least was nuked. Seemed like a duplicate "Livia".

The stuff about calling the guards and death threats and hate etc is all just them having a laugh though, don't give them exactly what they want by reacting.

They're scoring an own goal with constant misuse of "nazi" however. It's seriously offensive to invoke nazi terror in relation to stuff that doesn't even begin to resemble nazism.
That will come back to bite them. All it takes us the owner of this site launching a civil case for defamation and a solicitors letter to planks demanding the IP address is handed over. See then how tough they are when they are unmasked.