Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Re: WTF moment of the day

The burning issues of the day
Bishop_Brennan

Re: Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

I wonder will they start spying over here, and trying to work out what accounts here are over on planks - if any.

Then use content posted here to ban over there - would not surprise me at all .

Post by 678904673 »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:28 pm I wonder will they start spying over here, and trying to work out what accounts here are over on planks - if any.

Then use content posted here to ban over there - would not surprise me at all .
I wouldn't be surprised if their are a few lurkers from Boards just keeping "an eye" on things over here
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I was freaking out watching this.

The guy was rescued. Story here https://abc7chicago.com/snowboarder-ski ... /13057265/
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

^^ jesus Christ!!

What happened ? Avalanche ? the story doesn't say how he ended up buried so deep ..
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:12 pm ^^ jesus Christ!!

What happened ? Avalanche ? the story doesn't say how he ended up buried so deep ..
It's just that kind of snow that is lying in a tree well. It's known to be very powdery and very deep, and people do get killed that way. Going head first in and disappearing.
This was one of the tensest videos I ever watched in my life.
My second son is an avid snowboarder and this freaked the crap out of me.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

😬

https://www.irishtimes.com/world/asia-p ... um=twitter
The Dalai Lama has apologised after he faced allegations of inappropriate behaviour after kissing a young boy on the lips and asking him to “suck his tongue” at a public event in India.

The interaction, which took place in late February at the Dalai Lama’s temple in Dharamshala, was attended by about 100 young students who had just graduated from the Indian M3M Foundation.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Just another dotty old man?
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

A more important WTF moment: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-65229003

This nonsense has got to stop and the Americans are as daft as the Chinese.
'no more blah blah blah'
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:37 pm Just another dotty old man?
Possibly...? I'd still be restricting his access to kids though. Nonce-watch 24/7
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

WTAF, I thought when Nicolas Cage said that in Face off it was cringey!!

Jesus...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Sweet fcking Mother of God - what the actual FCK is wrong with these people ???

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ation.html
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Could I claim asylum in Wales - worth looking into from reading that article.
'no more blah blah blah'
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:51 pm Sweet fcking Mother of God - what the actual FCK is wrong with these people ???

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ation.html
Welsh need their pension paying. We can’t be taking all the doctors and engineers.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

This story is crazy off the charts.
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/nor ... 37975.html
A rogue breast surgeon who grew up in Northern Ireland could be linked to more than 1,600 deaths, a campaigner has warned.

Bangor-educated Ian Paterson is currently serving a 20 year jail sentence for carrying out needless, life-changing operations.

But now the focus is on Paterson’s botched 'cleavage-sparing' mastectomies on patients which left behind the breast tissue, risking a return of cancer.

Medical experts are now looking through records belonging to hundreds of patients who were under the care of Patterson who was educated at Bangor Grammar School before studying medicine at Bristol University.

At the weekend the Times revealed that the deaths of 650 patients who were under his care are currently being investigated by coroners in Birmingham.

He had carried out invasive and unnecessary surgery on both men and women between 1991 and 2012. A large proportion of these surgeries were on women with suspected breast cancer. He also carried out unnecessary surgeries such as colonoscopies, vascular surgeries, hernia surgeries and vasectomies.

An inquiry found he carried out unnecessary operations in NHS and private hospitals on more than 1,000 patients over 14 years, exaggerating or inventing cancer risks and claiming payments for more expensive procedures.
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

"A rogue breast surgeon who grew up in Northern Ireland could be linked to more than 1,600 deaths, a campaigner has warned".

That has to be a world record for deaths by one doctor. I'd say there's little doubt he suffers from a God/superiority complex . . lots of surgeons have it unfortunately.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Yeah, I was thinking has to be some sort of a record. The crazy thing is this serial killer will be hardly known about in a short while.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:50 pm Yeah, I was thinking has to be some sort of a record. The crazy thing is this serial killer will be hardly known about in a short while.
There's a case in the UK of a nurse who murdered many babies - her name will be lost in time soon, yet should be shouted from the rooftops.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

Apelles wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:45 pm "A rogue breast surgeon who grew up in Northern Ireland could be linked to more than 1,600 deaths, a campaigner has warned".

That has to be a world record for deaths by one doctor. I'd say there's little doubt he suffers from a God/superiority complex . . lots of surgeons have it unfortunately.
Ah no he is in the halfpenny stakes in comparison to Mengele.
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

jmayo wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:26 pm Ah no he is in the halfpenny stakes in comparison to Mengele.
True, however Mengele was part of an army with a collective, evil agenda, and wasn't a lone wolf like this nutjob.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

jmayo wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:26 pm Ah no he is in the halfpenny stakes in comparison to Mengele.
Who is also in the halfpenny stakes when it comes to the experimentation committed by the US on a grand scale on its population, and they were quite happy to use the result of Mengele's horrific experimentation.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Robert De Niro fathers his 7th child at the age of 79! I'm sure he's looking forward to the kid's 21st already!!!!!

Post by 678904673 »

quodec wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:13 pm Robert De Niro fathers his 7th child at the age of 79! I'm sure he's looking forward to the kid's 21st already!!!!!
He'll be doing well to see the kids 10th birthday
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by Del.Monte »

If Robert De Niro is remembered for nothing else it should be for calling out the 'orangeman'. Sorry for going off topic - well, actually I'm not. :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Generally regarding Médicins sans Frontières in a positive light, this story came as a bit of a WTF??? moment:

Refugees seriously injured on razor-wire fence UK helped build to keep asylum seekers out of EU

:roll: Seriously? Someone somewhere is shocked that a fence built with something called razor-wire causes injuries to anyone foolish enough to try to climb it? And so what if the UK helped build it?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

The Taliban roaring towards Iran on the fancy gear left to them by the American military is very twenty first century planet earth vibes.

Wait. There's more. 😑