Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Re: WTF moment of the day

The burning issues of the day
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by Del.Monte »

isha wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:12 am The Taliban roaring towards Iran on the fancy gear left to them by the American military is very twenty first century planet earth vibes.
The more I see of Facebook, Twitter etc. the more I am reminded of the Duke of Wellington's opposition to railways as he thought that they would only encourage the lower orders to mindlessly wander about the country. The internet has had a similar effect by turning every moron with a mobile phone into a wannabe journalist/photographer. :(
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Here's the acceptable face of real journalism....

Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

We are absolutely losing the run of ourselves. A food producing country being forced not to produce food, absolute madness.

And I also heard Ireland is paying up to 30 million euros a week to accommodate Ukranians. When a few years ago we were taking medical cards from children with cancer. Have we gone mad.

Yes we have, stark raving mad
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

And the paye worker getting ripped off still. Nothing changes there then.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I'm a vegetarian for 40 years and the idea of a cattle cull is monstrous even for me who would prefer if people didn't eat them. It reminds me of the time I was studying in England and had to go there every month during the foot and mouth thing. And from the train window I saw huge long heaped up pyres of animals bodies stretching for ages. It's one of the most horrifying things I have ever seen. 200000 poor cows. 😡
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Pretty mad alright but it say voluntary exit scheme, what happens if no one agrees?

Based on the figures it’s €3,000 per cow, is that market rate, will it be accepted by farmers?
quodec

Post by quodec »

quodec wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:13 pm Robert De Niro fathers his 7th child at the age of 79! I'm sure he's looking forward to the kid's 21st already!!!!!
... and not to be outdone, here comes Al Pacino, at a sprightly 83 years of age, expecting a child with his 29 year old girlfriend. Whatever about the First Communion, he'll hardly make it to the Confirmation :D
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

quodec wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:17 pm ... and not to be outdone, here comes Al Pacino, at a sprightly 83 years of age, expecting a child with his 29 year old girlfriend. Whatever about the First Communion, he'll hardly make it to the Confirmation :D
If he makes it to the christening he's doing well!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Call me old fashioned, but there is something creepy about an 83 year old man, and a 29 year old girlfriend.
So she gets to look after 2 children. Girlfriend means she gets none of his money then?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

kadman wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:04 pm Call me old fashioned, but there is something creepy about an 83 year old man, and a 29 year old girlfriend.
So she gets to look after 2 children. Girlfriend means she gets none of his money then?
Oh I'd say she'll make sure she had the contract signed before the nighty came off.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

My biggest reaction to that news, shared exactly with my 28 years old daughter, is .... ewwwwwww.
Sorry for my ageism and sexism.
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

isha wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:12 am The Taliban roaring towards Iran on the fancy gear left to them by the American military is very twenty first century planet earth vibes.

Wait. There's more. 😑
For some reason I reckon the lads are wearing the surgical masks for the dust rather than covid prevention. :D

I love the statement how they will turn Iran into a moderate Sunni muslim state.
I suppose they are moderates in comparison to the other desert god fruit loops ISIS.

Looking on the bright side they seem to have adopted modern things like video and music, even if the latter wouldn't score a hit anywhere else.
Hell maybe they are thonking about entering the old Eurovision.
They would probably still finish ahead of us.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Pride launch in my workplace and ZERO mention of gay people - these nutters with the pronouns have it sewn up tighter than a cat's arse.

Makes me sick - there is actual violence and bigotry out there and we are ignoring that and pandering to two blue haired nutjobs merely because they shout the loudest and have a fcking social media presence. Why is a massive organisation so scared ??

marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:04 pm Oh I'd say she'll make sure she had the contract signed before the nighty came off.
Or they could both be, what we called in my day, grudge babbies. :roll:
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

The internet has a lot to answer for.
An alleged member of an extreme body modification group has admitted freezing the leg of a man who is accused of carrying out castrations and broadcasting the footage on his “eunuch maker” website.
The defendants are said to have been part of a society in which people willingly undergo extreme body modification. The practice is linked to a subculture in which men become “nullos” – short for genital nullification – by having their penis and testicles removed.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... site-owner
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

schmittel wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:35 pm The internet has a lot to answer for.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... site-owner
“ The defendants are said to have been part of a society in which people willingly undergo extreme body modification”

There is a far more vocal, influential and powerful society carrying out similar extreme body modifications yet they get good press and are supported by corporations, schools and governments.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

knownunknown wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:43 pm “ The defendants are said to have been part of a society in which people willingly undergo extreme body modification”

There is a far more vocal, influential and powerful society carrying out similar extreme body modifications yet they get good press and are supported by corporations, schools and governments.
100%!!!!

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: WTF moment of the day

Post by Del.Monte »

The amount of FREE advertising that a certain British supermarket chain received on the media today for its price cuts must surely run to a tidy six-figure sum. I have rarely heard such extensive reporting of a minor topic and one would be forgiven for thinking that the said company had invented food. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

No doubt the hundreds of reduced price food items will be the most highly processed and unhealthy food items in the range. One look at their website 'specials' and 'offers' will show you where their focus lies. The entire system is corrupt. It's pushing dietary suicide dressed up as consumer choice and 'freedom'.

There needs to be a sugar tax, a plastic tax, and punitive taxes on ingredients that cause environment disaster, like Palm oil, corn syrup, out of season air-transported vegetables etc. Nobody needs to go hungry or would have to go hungry even if these things were sensibly punished.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

A women only spa has been told to take in a biological male - this is a spa where nudity is usual, they now have to see a dick in the spa. And the penis it posesses.

This is a right gobshite who beleives that "transwomen are better than ciswomen as we know how to do it more". The bang of misogyny off that eh ?

Women, we had this equality and rights stuff good for a few decades - we're fcked now.

jmayo

Post by jmayo »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:25 pm A women only spa has been told to take in a biological male - this is a spa where nudity is usual, they now have to see a dick in the spa. And the penis it posesses.

This is a right gobshite who beleives that "transwomen are better than ciswomen as we know how to do it more". The bang of misogyny off that eh ?

Women, we had this equality and rights stuff good for a few decades - we're fcked now.
Those fookers are always looking for opportunities to complain they are being discriminated against.
Remember the other nutjob in Vancouver who wanted a bikini wax from a Thai or Korean beauty parlour?

They target Asian women's establishments purely to try make a point.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

jmayo wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:42 pm Those fookers are always looking for opportunities to complain they are being discriminated against.
Remember the other nutjob in Vancouver who wanted a bikini wax from a Thai or Korean beauty parlour?

They target Asian women's establishments purely to try make a point.
I am dreaming ...right. I am going back to sleep now, and this nightmare will go away and begone when I awaken, ....right.

Tell me it will go away......please.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

kadman wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:36 pm I am dreaming ...right. I am going back to sleep now, and this nightmare will go away and begone when I awaken, ....right.

Tell me it will go away......please.
I wish I could ….

kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Well, is all the bad stuff done now, I'm wide awake now.
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

Philip Morris Tobacco Has a Higher ESG Score Than Tesla?

It's probably 'bought' bollox.

https://valuetainment.com/tobacco-seeks ... rough-esg/