Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Sex Trafficking in Ireland

The burning issues of the day
isha
Verified Username

Sex Trafficking in Ireland

Post by isha »

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2023/10 ... afficking/

Have a read of this article.
Erica from Ghana sex trafficked all round Northern Ireland for five years! The absolute filth who paid to abuse her. Some of them she asked to help her escape and they reported her to the traffickers and she was tied up so the punters could do what they wanted.

It absolutely fkn sickens me that these rapists and traffickers are walking down the same supermarket aisles as I walk, dropping their children at school, going to work, masquerading as humans when they are not fit to be called human.

Ireland is a hub for sex trafficking. A big shot globally in the sex trafficking world. I think it should be our most urgent task as a nation to rout these evil traffickers, to make examples of them so that they know Ireland is closed for such business, and to sentence the users of the women (or boys, girls, whoever is trapped) to lengthy jail time.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
isha
Verified Username

Re: Sex Trafficking in Ireland

Post by isha »

"When they brought in someone, I was screaming from the top of my head and shouting for everybody to hear me that this was happening to me and they told me you can shout as much as you like cry, do anything. Nobody's going to hear you," she said.

The property where she was imprisoned was an isolated farmhouse with a lot of land around it. She was warned if she escaped and went to the police, she would be returned because the police and the traffickers knew each other. She was terrified.

Erica even sought help from the men who visited as clients.

She said: "Some of them tell you, I did not pay money to listen to your nonsense or they will call the people outside and say she's not letting me do what I want to do. So sometimes they will come in, tie you up and let him do what he needs to do.

"So, in a way, it's almost better for you to let the person do what he wants with you. So, you get food and then you don't get punishment."

After two years, Erica was moved from Belfast to Newry for a year and then on to Derry for another two years.
Deleted

Post by Deleted »

isha wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:40 am https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2023/10 ... afficking/

Have a read of this article.
Erica from Ghana sex trafficked all round Northern Ireland for five years! The absolute filth who paid to abuse her. Some of them she asked to help her escape and they reported her to the traffickers and she was tied up so the punters could do what they wanted.

It absolutely fkn sickens me that these rapists and traffickers are walking down the same supermarket aisles as I walk, dropping their children at school, going to work, masquerading as humans when they are not fit to be called human.

Ireland is a hub for sex trafficking. A big shot globally in the sex trafficking world. I think it should be our most urgent task as a nation to rout these evil traffickers, to make examples of them so that they know Ireland is closed for such business, and to sentence the users of the women (or boys, girls, whoever is trapped) to lengthy jail time.
Could you even trust this story tho ?

They are known for spinning some yarns those Africans.

Also I'd imagine most men - even ones that pay for sex would not go through with it if they saw she was a prisoner.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

RogerMoore wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:25 am Could you even trust this story tho ?

They are known for spinning some yarns those Africans.

Also I'd imagine most men - even ones that pay for sex would not go through with it if they saw she was a prisoner.
What an absolutely despicable thing to write.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

It's a vile story - but it starts with a lie and continues further on. I have genuinely never heard a so called refugee's story that has a complete ring of truth around it and this is no different.

I think you'll also find that she was trafficked by her own "community" too - so any ideas how this can be stopped, I am all ears.

Plus it has to be said again - McEntee once again banging her drum about "protecting women and girls from violence" - whilst bringing in laws to criminalise those who scientifically and accurately describe women and girls.

Where was her protection when there were accusations of a child sex abuse ring being ran using girls supposed to be under the protection of Tusla ? Oh yeah - same as the UK, more concerned with not upsetting the perpetrators and again, criminalising those trying to ACTUALLY protect women and girls.

She is so far out of her depth her best mate is a dolphin.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:58 am It's a vile story - but it starts with a lie and continues further on. I have genuinely never heard a so called refugee's story that has a complete ring of truth around it and this is no different.
What is the lie here in your opinion?
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

RogerMoore wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:25 am They are known for spinning some yarns those Africans.
MOD NOTE: This crosses a line that has been pushed to it's limits recently. Can everybody please rein it in a bit with the edgy posting styles?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Guburnor wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:37 am MOD NOTE: This crosses a line that has been pushed to it's limits recently. Can everybody please rein it in a bit with the edgy posting styles?
Generalised stereotyping I will grant you serves no one GENERALLY but we must ask questions and not be afraid of baseless accusations of racism to point out where issues are developing.

Some largely immigrant communities across Europe are the hotbed of terrorism and other heinous crimes, and ignoring this to be "nice" is how thousands of young girls were systematically raped across working class England.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I'm amazed at the reflex reactions not to believe this - it is wholly believable. It happens. A lot.

To automatically not believe someone telling their story because of their country of birth seems very mean - these stories are common enough, there's truth behind them. I mean for goodness sake there's films made about this vile trade all the time.

If it is their fellow countrymen trafficking them, then nothing I said doesn't apply, they must be routed, punished, it must be a crime that is unthinkable to commit here. The penalties must be overwhelming.

And for anyone saying it's foreigners doing it, I actually know of a very countrified man living in A VERY rural area who has rented a house as a brothel in a bigger town and instead of rent for the house he charged in services. It's not slavery in that he doesn't have them captured, but it's also vile. People of any nationality are capable of this and other kinds of enslavement.

And it certainly seems many people are capable of availing of the service compelled from the women - it's very profitable. Or are Irish people simply not doing that in their thousands, perhaps tens of thousands??
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:41 am Generalised stereotyping I will grant you serves no one GENERALLY but we must ask questions and not be afraid of baseless accusations of racism to point out where issues are developing.

Some largely immigrant communities across Europe are the hotbed of terrorism and other heinous crimes, and ignoring this to be "nice" is how thousands of young girls were systematically raped across working class England.
Fine, we must ask questions and not be afraid of baseless accusations of racism, so in this instance what is the lie the story starts with?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Guburnor wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:51 am Fine, we must ask questions and not be afraid of baseless accusations of racism, so in this instance what is the lie the story starts with?
I explained that in the first sentence - she says she both came to the UK for work, but also claims her husband wished her children to undergo FGM.

Which is true ? Were her claims in any way questioned ? Were there GP records available ?

FGM is a vicious and cruel act carried out by barbarians who have no business being in a civilised society - yet they are bringing it here with them and we seem incapable of preventing it.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/fema ... -1.4152859

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:44 am I'm amazed at the reflex reactions not to believe this - it is wholly believable. It happens. A lot.

To automatically not believe someone telling their story because of their country of birth seems very mean - these stories are common enough, there's truth behind them. I mean for goodness sake there's films made about this vile trade all the time.

If it is their fellow countrymen trafficking them, then nothing I said doesn't apply, they must be routed, punished, it must be a crime that is unthinkable to commit here. The penalties must be overwhelming.

And for anyone saying it's foreigners doing it, I actually know of a very countrified man living in A VERY rural area who has rented a house as a brothel in a bigger town and instead of rent for the house he charged in services. It's not slavery in that he doesn't have them captured, but it's also vile. People of any nationality are capable of this and other kinds of enslavement.

And it certainly seems many people are capable of availing of the service compelled from the women - it's very profitable. Or are Irish people simply not doing that in their thousands, perhaps tens of thousands??
At no point did I say I did not beleive she was trafficked.

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

The language used in the article is what leads me not to believe at least some of it and has nothing to do with their genes or where they were born, because that’s pretty racist and stupid.

The article describes how the traffickers asked her to lie, which she did to bypass immigration laws- all of her own accord.

It’s difficult to believe that she was held for 5 years in a farm house, at times tied up, and the conclusion to her story was escaping a nightclub while her captives were drunk with nothing in between. I would guess she had many chances to ‘escape’ in that five years.

On a different note, the reason for her leaving Ghana sounds very similar to ‘I left Ireland because the mother of my child wanted puberty blockers and sex reassignment surgery for my child’.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I dunno. If you have been multiply raped and abused by many men in a strange country and were told the local police are in cahoots with your abductors and you are in a rural place and sometimes tied up to be raped, not only might you be scared to abscond if there was a chance, but you might feel so low and worthless that depression and helplessness might take over, also a kind of Stockholm syndrome. If I was in such a position in rural Ghana I might be helpless too, or afraid that worse might happen to me if I tried to escape than being kept as a rape object.
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

Human trafficking of every type needs to be taken seriously by both police services on the island of Ireland. I think some NGOs in the area also need to be treated with suspicion - most don't help the situation especially when religiously driven. This is a task for professional policing.

I'm permanently nauseated by the activities of a small but significant proportion the (generally male) population regardless of race/origin. OK, it tends to happen 'in community' but it still needs to be stopped. Statements like "I would guess she had many chances to ‘escape’ in that five years." display a complete lack of understanding of intimidation, abuse, and fear of reprisals.

It takes a special type of psychopath to knowingly avail of the 'services' of obviously trafficked women especially when they ask for help. These c**ts need to be taken out of circulation for the safety of all women.
Deleted

Post by Deleted »

In the meantime she has had another kid aswell, and her FOUR children are now - presumably - living rent free here.

Yeah, and it was another Ghanaian that saved her ?

Sorry, not buying it.

And 99.99% of guys aren't going to proceed with the act if they see she is a prisoner, they just aren't.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

RogerMoore wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:18 pm In the meantime she has had another kid aswell, and her FOUR children are now - presumably - living rent free here.

Yeah, and it was another Ghanaian that saved her ?

Sorry, not buying it.

And 99.99% of guys aren't going to proceed with the act if they see she is a prisoner, they just aren't.
Horrible response.

So, she had another baby? Why not? That's what many women want. My mother had a whole six of them and my grandmother had fourteen.

If she is receiving social welfare she deserves it, for the years being raped in our country.

Of course it's more likely to have been someone she could speak to in her own language who eventually helped her.

And 0.01% of all men in Ireland - that's 250 including infants to the aged. A hugely lucrative national industry doesn't thrive on the number of clients one could fit inside a mini bus. Your ridiculous percentage is ridiculous.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Cyclepath wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:22 am Human trafficking of every type needs to be taken seriously by both police services on the island of Ireland. I think some NGOs in the area also need to be treated with suspicion - most don't help the situation especially when religiously driven. This is a task for professional policing.

I'm permanently nauseated by the activities of a small but significant proportion the (generally male) population regardless of race/origin. OK, it tends to happen 'in community' but it still needs to be stopped. Statements like "I would guess she had many chances to ‘escape’ in that five years." display a complete lack of understanding of intimidation, abuse, and fear of reprisals.

It takes a special type of psychopath to knowingly avail of the 'services' of obviously trafficked women especially when they ask for help. These c**ts need to be taken out of circulation for the safety of all women.
Agreed - and as noted ad nauseum if we don't know who is coming in how do we know they are not traffickers, rapists, drug dealers, murderers, fcking cannibals!

We can't simply say they need to be taken out of circulation - they should be restricted from being here in the first place, and I am afraid this includes people like the victim here. She lied repeatedly to get to Ireland.

Isha - I appreciate your compassion but you cannot be certain that everyone with a horrific story is telling the truth. Has she just named random places on the island of Ireland or has she tried to help her fellow rape victims by giving names, places, details, descriptions - something tangible that can help identify the traffickers ??

TL:DR - stronger borders, robust questioning of everyone that wants to live here, and permanent deportation for anyone committing a serious crime - including cancellation of passport if foolishly granted.

Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

I'm locking this thread for the simple reason I find the direction it has taken to be pretty distasteful to say the least.

If some posters can take a hint from that, and adjust accordingly, that would be very helpful.